Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Working Outside of the Home

I am the proud mother of a one year old boy. I am also very excited, and proud, that I am a teacher. I enjoy the fact that I get weekends, holidays, 2 months in the summer, and for the most part, nights to spend with my family. It is a lot of work to balance both your jobs at home and at "work," but it can be done and done well.

Because I teach in my district, I will be able to keep close tabs on my child. I will know his teachers and know when his homework did not get completed. He will be able to get a hug from me when he gets hurt at school.

Some people may feel that I do not love my child if I am willing to "let someone else raise him." I feel that my sitter is like a third parent. She has raised many children, and now I'm fortunate to have her help me to raise mine.

No comments: